Please take a moment to read carefully over our boarding policies. These policies help to ensure the safest possible environment for the dogs in our care, and help us to keep things running smoothly. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation in abiding by these policies.
Although we will always do our best to accommodate everyone’s needs, we recommend placing your reservations in advance At least 7-14 days. A deposit fee of 50% is required at the time of booking. If cancelling your reservation within 10 days of your pup’s stay, it is non refundable. Advanced notice will help to ensure your dog’s reservation in the event that we are at capacity..
A cancellation notification is recommended, to be made, at least 7 days prior to service and we require 10 days notice for a full refund. We understand that unforeseen circumstances do come up from time to time, however, because our boarding space is limited, we do ask that you inform us right away. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
We require that all dogs be current on their Rabies, Distemper, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza, Hepatitis, and Bordatella vaccinations. Vaccinations must be administered by a licensed veterinarian a minimum of 48 hours prior to services being performed. Puppies must have their second set of vaccines along with Bordatella. Proof of vaccinations must be provided. Please be advised that vaccinations do expire, and our records will need to be updated periodically.
We require that all dogs be on a parasite prevention program prescribed by a licensed veterinarian, either monthly or seasonally (May-November). Please speak to your vet about which treatment is best for your dog.
If at any time your pet is found to have fleas or ticks, we may provide appropriate flea or tick removal treatment at your additional expense, or we may terminate services until the problem is resolved so as not to transfer parasites to other clients.
Spaying And Neutering
Urban Tail does not board any dogs over the age of 12 months who are not spayed or neutered. This is at our discretion.
Pet Health/Behaviour And Safety
We reserve the right to refuse service to any pet for any reason including, without limitation, if it appears that the pet is sick, injured, in pain, or that its behaviour could jeopardize the health and safety of other pets or our staff.
If your dog requires immediate veterinarian care, we will do everything we can to contact you. In the case we are not able to reach you we will transport your dog to the veterinarian listed in your application or the nearest veterinary clinic. You will be responsible for any and all veterinarian fees incurred for your dog’s treatment.
- All dogs must be in good health. No coughing, sneezing, vomiting or diarrhea 48 hours prior to arrival. If your dog is displaying any of these symptoms while he/she is in our care you may be asked to come pick them up or have a family or friend pick them up
- If your dog has been treated for a contagious illness, we cannot accept your dog for at least 2 weeks after treatment has been completed.
- We may accept pets and administer routine medications for chronic conditions, but we are not equipped to care for acutely sick pets.
- No pregnant dogs
- No females in heat
- No aggressive dogs
- We do not take dogs that have any sort of separation anxiety
- We do not take any dogs who have aggression towards people or dogs.
- Dog owners are responsible for any damage that their dog may do to our home.
- If your dog is deemed unsanitary upon arrival, for any reason, an additional rate of $25 will be charged for bathing and payable upon pick up.
- When arriving please bring a photocopy of your dog’s current vaccination records for our files.
- During the summer months, confirm that your dog has had flee prevention treatment.
- Bring enough food for the days your pet will be staying with us and extra in case of a delayed trip.
- Bring treats that your dog can have in case of allergies.
- Bring their food and water bowls.
- If they require a crate please bring your own. We do not provide crates.
- Bring your dog’s favorite blanket or bed
- Bring leash, coat, boots or any other protection your dog may need during cold/wet weather conditions
- DO NOT bring any favorite toy as it may get ruined by another dog.
Payment is to be made upon drop off of your pet or if we are picking them up at your residence.
There is an additional charge if we are picking/dropping your pet( $10-25 depending on the mileage).
Pick up and drop off times are:
* Please note . If picking up your pet in the evening time, you will be charged for the full day.
We take Cash & Email Transfer. Additional rate of $10 for holidays